- This event has passed.
Childbirth and Newborn Education Class
August 28, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Childbirth and Newborn Education Class is intended to prepare expectant parents for labor, birth, the post-partum period, and caring for the newborn.
It is conveniently offered as a one day class on a Saturday and covers a variety of topics including:
- The birthing process and stages of labor
- Pain management relaxation techniques & options
- Cesarean section preparation and postpartum recovery
- General newborn care: bathing, burping, & diapering
- Soothing techniques & signs of illness
- Safety & more!
This course also includes a virtual tour of the triage, labor and delivery, and mother baby unit.
UF Health keeps the safety and well-being of our patients, visitors, staff and volunteers a top priority, and at this time we are not holding in-person classes but will be offering virtual Childbirth and Newborn education classes via Zoom.