- This event has passed.
Childbirth and Newborn Education Class
September 24, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on September 24, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on October 22, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on November 19, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on December 17, 2022 at 9:00 am
The Childbirth and Newborn Education Class is intended to prepare expectant parents for labor, birth, the post-partum period, and caring for the newborn.
It is conveniently offered as a one day class on a Saturday and covers a variety of topics including:
- The birthing process and stages of labor
- Pain management relaxation techniques & options
- Cesarean section preparation and postpartum recovery
- General newborn care: bathing, burping, & diapering
- Soothing techniques & signs of illness
- Safety & more!
This course also includes a virtual tour of the triage, labor and delivery, and mother baby unit.